Sunday 21 October 2012

Kuenga Rabten Palace

                                                     Kuenga Rabten Palace

Kuenga Rabten Palace is situated 18 kilometers away from Trongsa town, along the Trongsa-Zhemgang highway. Kuenga Rabten Palace used to be the winter residence of the second King, Jigme Wangchuck. Now, it is the residence of around 100 little monks of Trongsa monastic body where they study religious text, prayers and rituals in primary modules of monastery educations of Drukpa kayud.

It was during my visit to Institute of Language of Culture Studies, Taktse, for my personal works, I got an opportunity to spend a night in the Palace. It was my life time opportunity that I got to hold a night in the Ashi’s Zimchu, the personal Royal bed room of Ashi Phuntsho Choden, which is currently used by lama, the principal of the Lobdra. I personally felt proud of myself; when my cousin took me there in the palace.

However, after visiting the palace, I came to realise the rapid development of our country, especially when I visited the royal toilet, I saw a wooden made toilet port and wooden made washing basin. Now, we hardly see these kinds in rural areas, forget about town area. Within the short period of time, our country has underwent development in many area, not only human value but physical structures and many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment